Last Updated: May 2, 2018
We are committed to respecting your privacy. At CBPartners (collectively, “CBP,” “us” or “we”) we have a few fundamental principles:
• We are considerate about the personal information we may ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the use of our services.
• We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
• We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
• Our websites/company resources (cbpartners.com, cbpartners.quickbase.com); and
• Our mobile application (CBPartners mobile app for Android and iOS).
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so – for example, to provide our Site, to communicate with you, or to make our Site better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
CBPartners collects any information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
• CBPartners collects personal data on certain areas of our Services when you apply for jobs through the CBPartners website or application Portal, register for CBP newsletters and alerts, participate in our recruitment activities, sign up for conferences and events, and/or participate in public user posting areas (such as bulletin boards, discussion forums and surveys). The personal data collected varies across our Site and may include information that you provide, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and background information required to apply for a job. For instance, by registering for CBP newsletters or alerts, you agree to receive the correspondence to which you have subscribed at the e-mail address that you provided at registration. Only CBPartners or its agents will contact you using this e-mail address. We will send e-mails to this address related to your registration.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
• Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Site – for example, when you apply for a job through our website at cbpartners.com.
• Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Site – in other words, who did what, when, and to what thing on a site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Site (e.g., page views, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Site to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Site, so we can make our services better.
• Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Site from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile app (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
• Stored Information: We may access information stored on your mobile device via our mobile app. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s permissions.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
• Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Site to you (like purchasing of equipment and products, travel, accommodations, etc.) and those that help us understand and enhance our services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
• As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request. For more information on how we respond to requests for information about CBPartners users, please see our Request Personal Information section.
• To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of CBPartners, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
• With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
• Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
• Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. To enhance the security of any information, we encourage Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors to enable our advanced security settings, like two-step authentications.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
• Limit the Information that You Provide When Applying: If you have an application with us, you can choose not to provide the optional information, please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, this may or may not limit your opportunity to proceed in the interview process.
• Limit Access to Information on Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps.
• Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about legal notices.
• Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, CBPartners does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using the CBPartners website, with the drawback that certain features of the CBPartners website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
• Request Personal Information: You may request that we provide to you the information we hold about you, update your information, or request that we delete your information or correct any inaccuracies by emailing us at email@example.com with the subject heading “personal information request”. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may ask us to contact you at a specific phone number or to send mail or notices to a specific mailing address or email address. If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Site.
• Residents of the State of California: have the right to request from certain businesses with whom the California resident has an established business relationship a list of all third parties to which the business, during the immediately preceding calendar year, has disclosed certain personally identifiable information for direct marketing purposes. We are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. To obtain this information, you should send a written request to email@example.com with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights requirements and only the information required will be included in our response.
CBPartners is a worldwide consulting service. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
The Site may only be used within certain jurisdictions within the United States as set forth in the Terms. Accordingly, this Policy, and our collection, use, and disclosure of your information, is governed by U.S. law, and by using the Site, you acknowledge that the Site will be governed by U.S. law. Using the Site from outside the United States is prohibited under our Terms and may subject you to termination under such Terms. In no event will CBPartners or any of its officers, principals, employees, consultants, subsidiaries, contractors, and affiliated entities, be liable for any losses or damages arising from your use of the Site outside of the United States, and you waive any claims that may arise under the laws of your location outside the United States. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we do not represent or warrant that the Site is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. If you choose to use the Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the United States to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Site. By providing any information, including PHI, on or to the Site, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
100 Wall Street, Second Floor
New York, NY 10005